Winston Churchill HS is located at 11300 Gainsborough Road, Potomac, MD 20854. The principal is Dr. Joan Benz.
RatingPlease rate your experience at this school with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
I have a friend who has a friend whose child went through the Bridge High School program at Churchill. I was told they had a really positive experience and the student is now in a mainstream university program.
My now 34 yo son was passed around from school to school in an effort to get rid of him. He graduated from Churchill in the special ed program – Bridge. However, they said that they’d pass him
without the Geometry credit. They ended up making him clean the cafeteria for free instead of taking the Geometry class. Unfortunately, I should have fought them but I was working full-time at a low wage job and trying to help my older mom.
Comments are closed.