Walt Whitman HS is located at 7100 Whittier Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20817. The principal is Dr. Alan Goodwin.
RatingPlease rate your experience at this school with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
Staffing and resources
We had an excellent experience with the emotional disabilities support at Whitman. My student graduated in 2018 and was/is a strong self-advocate.
Comments are closed.