Quince Orchard HS is located at 15800 Quince Orchard Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. The principal is Mrs. Carole Working.
RatingPlease rate your experience at this school with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
Staffing and resources
Quince Orchard HS has just added an Aspergers Program this year (to divide up the program that Walter Johnson HS has). But, it does not have the resources, the know-how, or the attitude to implement it the way it is supposed to be implemented. Communication and openness are poor, and there is not much embracing of differences in students or learning styles. Emotional health is not addressed at all, nor is organization, executive functioning, or advocacy.
Comments are closed.