Paint Branch HS is located at 14121 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866. The principal is Dr. Myriam A. Yarbrough.
RatingPlease rate your experience at this school with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
Staffing and resources
Great, diverse student population. No real bullying, but it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. Academic expectations are low, particularly for special needs students. Biggest problem is that the special ed department seems too burnt out—some pretty cranky, lazy paraeducatirs and special educators. My daughter says they’re known for not doing much.
Comments are closed.