Germantown ES is located at 19110 Liberty Mill Road, Germantown, MD 20874. The principal is Ms. Amy Bryant.
RatingPlease rate your experience at this school with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
Staffing and resources
Germantown ES has the School Community Based (SCB) program for that cluster. This is a program where the kids are mainly in self-contained classrooms but also interact with the general ed population in gym class/lunch/art. My son was there from 2008-2012. They had great programs for inclusiveness. The PTA was incredibly supportive and inclusive. There were opportunities for general ed children to come and read to the SCB children. Staffing was great, both teachers and paraeducators. Very happy with the program. Not only was it good for the SCB students, but the general ed students gained so much by interacting with special needs children.
I don’t have experience with other types of support at the school.
Comments are closed.