The goal of this website is to collect and share information about special education services offered by private and public schools in Montgomery County, Maryland. This service is meant to offer parents of children with special needs in Montgomery County a means to share information about their experiences at individual schools, and rate several aspects of special education programs offered at each school. All public schools and many private schools are included on this website.
This service is sponsored by R2M Innovations, LLC and it is not affiliated with Montgomery County Public Schools or any of the private schools listed. The service is completely free and is aligned with the broader mission of R2M Innovations, a startup founded by the parent of a child with special needs and focusing on developing solutions to improve the life of people with disabilities. The views that are expressed on this website are the views of parents who have volunteered to contribute to the discussion and do not represent the views of R2M Innovations, LLC.
How to use this websiteThis website can be used to share your own experiences about schools in Montgomery County and to check what other parents have to say. Please be an active contributor and share your experience! Below is a list of steps to use this website.
- Use the menu above to lookup schools by category or use the search box on the right to look for a specific school.
- Check the ratings of a specific schools and see what other parents have commented.
- Reply to other parents’s comments
- Post your own comments and your own review of the school by rating it with respect to the five aspects described in the next section (inclusiveness, staffing and resources, cooperation, communication, academic expectations).
- Check what are the top rated schools across the county.
RatingPlease rate schools with respect to the following aspects on a scale from 0 to 10.
- Inclusiveness: Does the school have a culture of inclusion and inclusive practices in place (e.g., co-teaching)? Are these practices effectively and systematically implemented?
- Staffing and resources: Does the school have staff and resources to accommodate a wide range of special needs?
- Cooperation: Does the school staff exhibit a cooperative approach by accepting/requesting the parents' input, listening to concerns, and attempting to resolve disagreements?
- Communication: Does the school implement progress monitoring plans? Does the staff regularly communicate with parents with respect to their child's progress and challenges? Is the staff responsive when contacted?
- Academic expectations: Does the staff systematically set high expectations for students with special needs? Does the staff systematically raise expectations when IEP goals are met ahead of time?
R2M Innovations, LLC is under no obligation to review any comment posted by users on this website and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such comments. Notwithstanding the above, R2M Innovations, LLC will monitor the comments posted on this site and may decline to accept and/or remove any comments that contain:
- Any insult and/or unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, offensive, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, and/or otherwise objectionable message, including, but not limited to, any message which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Personal information such as messages which include phone numbers, social security numbers, etc.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
The information published on this website includes information published on the schools official websites. R2M Innovations, LLC is not responsible for inaccuracies and/or errors contained on those websites and specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies and/or errors. R2M Innovations, LLC does not warrant or represent that the content of this website is complete or up-to-date.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. Users should not form their opinions and/or decisions based solely on the information contained in this website. The contents of this site reflect the views of the users who have decided to contribute to the discussion. They may not necessarily reflect the experiences of all parents or recent developments and/or may not address your specific informational needs. R2M Innovations, LLC disclaims all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this website.
This site contains links to other websites. R2M Innovations, LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.